April 2002

Cover Story

Does The Customer Come First?

Only 4% of unhappy customers complain about bad service; the other 96% go home angry.

Features

'Til the cows come home

An old idea with new followers may save hawaii's ailing cattle industry

Sun, Fun, and Academics?

Summer programs are big, big business for local private schools.

Hawaii's Top Accounting Firms

Ranked by number of full-time employees in Hawaii.

Workplace Stress

What are the signs of a stressed-out employee?

Business with a Vision

The Working Class

Local companies and high school students participate in Hawaii's School-to-Work program.

Hawaii's Top Healthcare Organizations

Ranked by 2000 Sales

Selling the Sizzle, Not the Science

Richard Cox, Associate Director of the University of Hawaii Office of Technology Transfer and Economic Development (OTTED)

Health Inc.

Hawaii Health Care Business Incubator: www.hhcbi.com

Where the Rich and Famous Frolic

High-End Home Sales on Lanai Remain Steady for Castle & Cooke Inc.

Fiscally Fit

Companies invest time and money in healthy, happy employees.

No Rooms for Rent

Home and Condominum Rents Have Shot Up

Departments