Local Businesses Succeed Through Crowdfunding
Crowdfunding is a hip, new way to raise startup money for your business or project while marketing it for free and building a cadre of customers. Just make sure you tweet about it.
(page 2 of 2)
What Type of Hawaii Projects Got Funded
9% Food, 6% Other, 5% Fashion, 4% Tech, 2% Jewelry, 1% New Business
Crowd Funding Choices
Kickstarter isn’t the only crowdfunding game on the Web. Here are other choices:
- Indiegogo.com is more flexible at approving projects than Kickstarter.
- Crowdfunder.com is just for businesses.
- Crowdrise.com is the place for charities and cause-based donations.
- Angel.co specializes in tech start-ups.
- Islandfunder.com is a new Hawaii-based crowdfunding platform.
Kicking Into Gear
$869 million: Amount pledged to Kickstarter projects worldwide
5.24 million: Number of Kickstarter donors
124,113: Projects posted
52,400: Successfully funded projects, a success rate of 42.2 percent
122: Hawaii projects posted
Source: Kickstarter.com (information as of press time)
Do you like what you read? Subscribe to Hawaii Business Magazine »