Top 100 Realtors 2013
How We Create the List
Welcome to Hawaii Business magazine’s Top 100 Realtors for 2013. This is the only objective ranking of Realtors in the state. The information was compiled using the Multiple Listing Service databases from the Honolulu Board of Realtors, the Realtors Association of Maui and Hawaii Information Services, which manages the MLS data for Hawaii Island and Kauai.
Our research partner, PKF Pacific Hawaii LLP, a tax, audit and advisory firm, compiles the 2012 data and ranks each Realtor by total sales volume in the home resale market for single-family homes and condominiums. Realtors under consideration are then contacted, and their totals are verified. Realtors may dispute discrepancies.
The criteria we use:
- Only MLS transactions in Hawaii are counted.
- Only residential sales are counted; land-only and multifamily sales are not. See a separate list on residential vacant land sales on page 40.
- New-property sales are not included.
- No original or new-development sales are counted.
- Primary listors receive full credit for the transaction; co-listors do not receive credit.
- Each side in a transaction – both the seller’s agent and the buyer’s agent – are credited with the full selling price of a home.
- If a Realtor represents both buyer and seller, that agent is credited with twice the selling price. In such cases, the Realtor would also get credited for two transactions.
Many business models are represented in this list, including discount and fee-for-service real estate agents. We have also included Realtors whose companies conduct business only within a single community and have the exclusive right to operate an office within that community; Hawaii Business included these agents on the list because home sellers and buyers can, and often do, use outside agents for their sales and purchases within these communities.