CHANGE Event Series: Arts & Culture
The CHANGE Event on Arts & Culture took place virtually on Thursday, November 5th at 3PM.
The panel discussed key issues including how to reinvigorate Hawaiʻi’s arts and culture, how to support Hawaiʻi’s creatives who are diversifying the state’s economy, how to make arts and culture relevant and accessible to more people and how the arts reconnects us to our humanity through empathy.
The panelists are:
- Halona Norton-Westbrook, Director and CEO, Honolulu Museum of Art
- Solomon Enos, Native Hawaiian Artist, Educator, and Visionary
- Vicky Holt Takamine, Executive Director, PA‘I Foundation
- Georja Skinner, Chief Officer, Creative Industries, State of Hawai‘i, Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism
- Aaron Salā, Hawaiian Singer, Composer, and Pianist
- Moderator: Noelle Fujii-Oride, Staff Writer, Hawaii Business Magazine