Top 10 Business Cyber Security Questions to Ask Yourself
With cyber-attacks at an all-time high, it has never been more important to understand what your business’s security posture is.
CBTS | Hawaiian Telcom knows that figuring this out can be a daunting task, so below are 10 questions you should ask your IT Department / IT Provider to help you get started.
- Do you have a current, and regularly updated, inventory of all hardware and software assets?
- Is your business obligated to comply with any industry or government-mandated compliance frameworks (CMMC, HIPAA, NIST, PCI, etc.)?
- Do you have an employee security awareness program in place, and do your company leaders communicate the importance of participating in it?
- Do you have an enterprise Anti-Virus or EDR solution that is centrally managed and actively monitored?
- Do you have a documented data recovery plan that includes the priority in which data should be restored?
- Do you have a process in place to ensure all assets are updated regularly and reviewed for misconfigurations or unapproved changes?
- Are the use of “administrative” accounts limited to only those who need them, and only when they need to perform administrative functions?
- Do you have a documented incident response plan? When was the last time it was reviewed/practiced?
- Does your access rules (file permissions, firewall rules, remote access, etc.) follow the “least privileged” methodology?
- Are you following a “layered security” methodology?
Are you unsure how to answer one of the questions or maybe just want a bit more info on why these are important? Get in touch with us today, and our certified security experts will be happy to assist – call us at 808-777-6027 or visit our website.
1177 Bishop Street Honolulu, HI 96813