2018 Year in Review
Atlas Insurance Agency
Founded in 1929, Atlas Insurance Agency, Inc. is Hawaii’s largest insurance agency. They provide a one-stop solution for all insurance needs including business insurance, employee benefits, risk control and claims management, Association of Apartment Owners (AOAO) insurance and personal lines.
Atlas firmly believes in Pono, serving Hawaii’s community to the best of their ability. Hawaii is not just a place where Atlas does business – they view it as their home. Guided by their core attributes and unrelenting support of their employees, they have established three employee managed committees in the spirit of Alaka‘i: the Healthy Employees Achieve Results Together Committee (HEART), the Office Activities Committee (OAC), and Encouraging Professionals, Inspiring Collaboration (EPIC).
HEART is their company well-being program. Its mission is to cultivate a healthy, caring and happy workforce, with collaboration and harmony – Lōkahi. The three well-being pillars that support HEART are Physical Activities, Healthy Eating, and Work-life Balance.
- Physical Activities: Atlas regularly attends charitable run/walk events to keep the employees and their families active and fit. Events include the Great Aloha Run and the Heart Walk.
- Healthy Eating: Local Inside delivers fresh produce on site every other week and in office cooking demonstrations by local chefs that focus on creating healthy meals.
- Work-life Balance: Massage therapists provide a complimentary 15-minute massage, financial planning seminars for retirement and WorkLife Hawaii provides employees and family members with resources and support to weather life’s challenges.
The OAC supports group dynamics through themed office activities.
- Employees are given an afternoon off to enjoy movies and snacks.
- Office bowling competition brings team members together for an afternoon of food and competitive bowling.
- Annual holiday celebration for employees to come together and enjoy food, activities, prizes and live entertainment.
EPIC emphasizes a continuous education and professional development process through:
- Panel discussions by local business leaders.
- Networking events with fellow networking groups.
- Community service events chosen by employees.
“We’ve seen our program work for our employees, and now we offer this same expertise to clients who want to implement a wellness program that sticks,” says Chason Ishii, president.
Atlas Insurance Agency
1132 Bishop St., Suite 1600
Honolulu, HI 96813